security update versus LogicPro9

Sir Hannes

Hey everyone,

just read about the thread on OSX via webkit and that we should update for security reasons. There are webpages already programmed with malicious code. :shock:

What can I do, if an update isn't possible as I have to stick on LogicPro version 9 till the end of the year? (Due to money-losses in times of Corona I haven't the money to update to LogicPro X and pay for all updates of my several plugin-bundles :( )

Does anyone has a link (if there is any) where they show how to copy OSX Sierra together with LogicPro 9 and all plugins on an external SSD? Then updating to BigSur, and each time working with LogicPro 9 booting from the SSD? Does this work? :?

Any else ideas? Workarounds? Cheats?

Thanks to everyone :)

What malicious code on what websites?

Do you go to those websites?

Apple themselves say so. You won't know, if you're on one of this sites. Recently I finished a 6 weeks cybersecurity workshop to get some really basic stuff about this topic into my head. With that in mind, reading the news about Zero Days in macOS, I take this thread seriously.

Apple themselves say so. You won't know, if you're on one of this sites.

If you can't give me an example then it's just regular fear mongering. The internet is dangerous of course, but with browsing in common sites there's no immediate danger, otherwise we would have constantly infected computers.