Smart Controls via external controller

Hifisy

Hi there

Ive recently purchased a little Nektar LX25+ as my main midi controller. Ive downloaded the Logic integration software and installed it. What I would like to do is use the 8 knobs to control smart controls for all my instruments. This is actually already setup in the Nektar default controller assignments and works fine in a new file. However, I cant get any external controller (LX25 or Akai midimix) to control the smart controls in my template file, but can control parameters direct no with probs. Im seeing the assignments show in the smart control inspector, but theres no external control of smart controls. Given the amount of time Ive spent setting-up my template file, I would prefer to troubleshoot in the template than start again. Keen to know what to look for and what process I should follow to find the issue within the template file.

Cheers in advance.

What I would like to do is use the 8 knobs to control smart controls for all my instruments. This is actually already setup in the Nektar default controller assignments and works fine in a new file. However, I cant get any external controller (LX25 or Akai midimix) to control the smart controls in my template file

That's odd as the external controller assignments are global to Logic, not file dependent.

In fact you should be able to see the assignments listed in your Controller Assignment window?

Have you tried to really give a good twist of the knob all the way down then all the way up?

Hi David.

My thoughts exactly.

Yes - Im twisting the knobs right around the & the assignments do show. In the new file that does work, the assignments look like this:

190445774_ScreenShot_working.thumb.png.f171c79baa3352b3213926771811784b.png

In the template file where its not working, it looks like this:

930465678_ScreenShot_not_working.thumb.png.b66cb6a0e5c71c2d01b0b0405cf67bee.png

Cheers