"muted" sounds on piano roll - SOLVED

TravisM
Go to solution Solved by gacki,

I opened up a project today, and the sound was off for the piano roll. Nothing is muted, so I can hear everything during playback, but when I go to click on or create a note in the piano roll, nothing sounds. I'm sure there's some setting I accidentally pressed or something. Any clue? Edited by TravisM

I get this sometimes with some of my libraries/VST's. In my case at least, usually I just need to nudge the system the right way. Here are some things that have worked for me...

• flip the I/O buffer size in Preferences>Audio>Devices. So if I'm at 1024, flip it to 512, then back to 1024
  • similarly, in Project Settings>Audio, and flipping the sample rate back and forth
  • reload the VST/sample library instance. Save it as a preset if you want to save your work on it, and load up a whole new instance using that preset
  • reboot the system, if you haven't yet

• Solution
I opened up a project today, and the sound was off for the piano roll. Nothing is muted, so I can hear everything during playback, but when I go to click on or create a note in the piano roll, nothing sounds. I'm sure there's some setting I accidentally pressed or something. Any clue?

Is by chance the "MIDI out" button in the piano roll inactive?

1507239066_Bildschirmfoto2021-05-08um14_17_21.jpg.350f507c327a81314f981735b856e100.jpg