.aif files everytime i edit audio track

AidenWoulffe

Hello I was working in Logic and I dragged an mp3 into the project and everytime I edit the mp3 a new .aif file appears on my desktop. Every single edit. Please help because it is cluttering. Usually in the past when this occurred I would have to uninstall Logic and reinstall it just to get it to work again but I now have work in Logic and can't risk losing my 3rd party plugins and whatnot. Please help me because I don't want to have to stop making music just because of clutter.

Logic converts mp3 files into PCM files (aiff, wav) automatically on import. It doesn't touch the mp3s.

So if you saved your project correctly by including audio files in the save dialog, the converted file should be in the project folder and not on your desktop.

What I would recommend is that you first save your project:

1. Choose File > Save As.

2. In the Save dialog, choose a name, a location, and make sure you organize as a "Folder" and copy your audio files in the project.

Now drag your mp3 to the Tracks area, Logic should make a PCM (aif) copy of the file inside the project folder's audio files folder and use that in your project.