Recently new latency

2douche

Hello,

I've been using Logic for years but don't exactly know what I'm doing and use it sporadically. Latency had not been much of a problem for a few years, but in the last few months when I started using it again it seems to develop in a pattern that I can't figure out. Sometimes I can record for 20-30 minutes with no problem, and sometimes it only takes 15 seconds, but then suddenly latency kicks in with good 3/4 second delay. All the settings I've found to try adjusting don't seem to do any good. Sometimes I can get it to go away (temporarily as usual) by closing the project and reopening, while other times it takes a computer reboot. Wondering if that means it's just time for a new Macbook? Or a new interface? Any other suggestions? Any hints would be tremendously appreciated!

Thanks,

Rick

(Macbook pro 15 in 2017, 3.1 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3, SSD. OS and software up to date. Connected by a Native Instruments Audio Kontrol 1.)

I had slowdowns that would occur sometime after using logic for a while, usually when on the same project for a long time (but that may just be coincidental, due to being on a project for a long time). Restarting my audio interface would fix it. Eventually went away. Not sure exactly how. Try starting there (audio interface). Maybe use a different hub or put interface on dedicated port, a different cable, etc.

I've had similar problems when waking up the mac from sleep, so I simply set it to never sleep and haven't had the problem since...

I have also had this kind of issues (and others) when letting my Mac go to sleep. However, while for many years, I've always set up my Macs and attached disks to never go to sleep (only the display goes to sleep), I still get some of those issues if the Mac is left idle for a length of time. So on top of not letting my Mac go to sleep, I'll quit Logic if I'm not going to use it for a while. Or, more often, if I've been away from my Mac for a while and return to work on it and had left Logic on, I'll restart Logic before getting to work.