Logic not importing AAF correctly

rafesco

Hi!

I'm trying to do some documentary audio post-production using Logic Pro X 10.6.2. The video editor sent me his project's audio to me using the AAF format - the audio files are separated from the AAF file itself. When I open the AAF in Logic, all files are out of place and totally not in sync with the video - in fact, the total length of the audio he sent me opens up as 27:30 in Logic, whereas the video only has 26:00. I noticed that many transitions and edits are weird in Logic, but they're alright in the original video.

I did some research and saw many people complaining about Logic not importing AAF projects correctly, with files being all over the place, scrambled, out of sync etc.

Is there any fix for this? Or would I be better use another software to export consolidated tracks and import them into Logic as audio files normally?

I attached a screenshot of how the AAF audio files are misplaced in comparison to the video audio track (first track in brown color).

Thanks!

Rafael

852305668_ScreenShot2021-05-10at17_30_21.thumb.jpg.21801c8d0fe5df237e2d1e3382b2df87.jpg

I’ve had the very same issue.

The only solution I could find was to download pro tools (free to use for 30 days or something) and export the stems as you are thinking.

You can buy pro tools for a month here and there if you have to as opposed to dumping the $$$ for the program. It’s not intuitive at all and I find Logic far better for my uses.

Drew

Welp... that's what I was thinking lol. I have Pro Tools 11.3.1 (and am a regular user of it) but it actually also has trouble importing AAF files in this very specific version aswell, so if either of these DAW's can't deal with this properly, I guess my only solution would be spending money on a updated Pro Tools version apparently...

Gonna wait a little more to see if anyone has any solution for this (I'm kinda hopeless though :P)

Welp... that's what I was thinking lol. I have Pro Tools 11.3.1 (and am a regular user of it) but it actually also has trouble importing AAF files in this very specific version aswell, so if either of these DAW's can't deal with this properly, I guess my only solution would be spending money on a updated Pro Tools version apparently...

Gonna wait a little more to see if anyone has any solution for this (I'm kinda hopeless though :P)

Search this forum for AAF files (you’ll find one of my posts that ended the same way)

Again, protocols is a free download for a limited time before you have to pay. It was long enough for me to get my project done.

Drew