Halting/Jittery/Crackling Playback

Maday72

Opened up a project I've been working on and the playback is all of a sudden jittering back and forth visually and audio-wise whenever hit play. Happens on every instrument when soloed. Apparently my CPU processing threads isn't going over 25%, and my buffer size is set to 1024. I've tried changing inputs/outputs with no luck, buffer sizes, rebooted, nothing seems to fix it. Playback works fine on all other projects.

It happens the same way in the bounce;

Please help, this was one my favorite projects and I don't know where the error is, this started happening with no warning.

I’m not sure about the sample rate but I haven’t recorded new vocals into the project for weeks and it’s been running fine. I did not update logic recently manually but possible it automatically updated? If that was the reason though I’d figure other previous projects would also have similar issues.

I may, does that mean the project file is completely corrupted?

Hard to say.

Some users on this forum posted issues after they updated to 10.6.2.

You can always try importing the project into a fresh one thru All Files Browser and see if the same behavior continues.