Can I replicate Sonar's old Session Drummer on Logic Pro 10?

wlow3

I use to use Cakewalk's Sonar DAW back in the day. The older versions had a plugin or whatever called Session Drummer.

It worked by having a bunch of pre-recorded MIDI drum files that one could load into the plugin and then drag and drop them in any order like a music playlist and also enter the number of times you wanted a particular MIDI drum file to play in a sequence. This MIDI drum "playlist" would only be written to the track if you armed the track and hit record.

It would be nice if I could bring the folder of pre-recorded MIDI drum files over to Logic to continue working on an old project.

I know Logic supports Loops, and essentially that's what these MIDI files are, but in Logic it seems that one can only preview and then drag and drop these right into the track.

Is there something like a loops "playlist player" that will play an editable playlist of pre-made MIDI loops and then be able to have those get recorded into a track? I know about Live Loops but I think each change from loop to loop has to be actively triggered; I don't think it just automatically plays through a pre-made list of loops.

Thanks.