What are people using to tag/embed original album art to their MP3s

JamesK

What are people using to tag/embed original album art to their MP3s? I find when I use iTunes it's fine when the tagged MP3 is playing on my computer but when sending to other systems sometimes the art is not there at all or its different art.

i always assemble albums (or singles or EPs) in 'music' (previously, itunes) when i want an mp3 version, and all the metadata, and the artwork carries over if i make a folder (ie on the desktop) dragging from the music app. if i then open that folder in the finder, all the songs show the cover art thumbnailed.

it should work.

no problem with any of these apps, but apple's music app (& previously, itunes) allow metadata input and adding artwork... and it's free. but good to have options...

Yes I used it a few times myself, but if I bought an app for that, was because I had a good reason, which I don’t remember what it was anymore.

Can you bulk edit with Music/iTunes? Or is it one by one?

no problem with any of these apps, but apple's music app (& previously, itunes) allow metadata input and adding artwork... and it's free. but good to have options...

I know that one of the things I’ve never liked about iTunes to edit metadata was that you needed to add those tracks to the library which means then deleting them, etc. It’s just an extra step that I find useless.

Even the whole thing of adding it to the library is a bit “messy”. With metadatics I just open the files I want and whenever I’m done, I close the app. That’s it. :)

I know that one of the things I’ve never liked about iTunes to edit metadata was that you needed to add those tracks to the library which means then deleting them, etc. It’s just an extra step that I find useless.

Even the whole thing of adding it to the library is a bit “messy”. With metadatics I just open the files I want and whenever I’m done, I close the app. That’s it. :)

of course you can do bulk edits in the app, and again, i usually keep my projects (as mp3s) in the music app, so it's not an issue for me. but also easy enough to do, then just delete the project from music if you don't need it (ie if you copied it out of music into a folder on your mac).

really, it's all a path to the same thing, so... whatever works, works.