Flex Time after Beat mapping question

posthorn1

I recorded a live guitar part free time and then recorded my own midi click track to match. In order to conform the grid I used Beat mapping - designating each click a 1/4 note. When I go into Flex Time there are a lot of (what look like) Markers added on every beat. But they are something different since there is no X to delete them along the top of the track like usual. They also appear as blue lines on the beat mapping track. My guess is these are added because of the tempo changes.

What are these markers and how do I delete them?

Is there a setting so these won't appear?

190617832_ScreenShot2021-05-13at8_41_21PM.thumb.png.c3caa117a05f8a1500bf616f04883006.png

Got it. Creating a Flex Marker at every Tempo makes sense, but doesn't quite comport with my working method.

I devised a work around: I'll make a duplicate of my click track and delete all but the first beat of every bar. Then I'll base my Beat map on the bar rather than beat. I'll see how that goes...

Removing or avoiding tempo markers will move audio to the wrong spots when flexed. Here I have a region, then beatmapped, then remove the tempo markers by wiping across them with a flex marker. This makes the region speed up with the rising tempo, which it shouldn't, because the tempo is rising due to the content of this very region. You see the wrong result in the bounce:

tempomark.gif.12669cb8fa674e196e998b74f3250c91.gif