how do i arrange my audio & midi regions (on buses) if i use lots of automation?

SoSpiro

the title may seem like an easy question, but bare with me.

i often track my whole song and add automation in the process. Sometimes, i'll automate many submix bus FX. I will want to go to the beginning and add an intro while preserving the placement of my audio regions, so i will use the "insert silence between locators" which pushes all of my automation where it should be with my regions. I've come across times where i've wanted to cut out a whole section of my song, say 4 bars. I'll delete all of the audio regions by selecting them all, then deleting. I'll then copy my section ahead of it to shift over to the left and make sure i move all of my tracks with automations. The painful part are my BUSES. I don't typically have empty regions in my buses, so i'll have to create them by drawing them in the arranger where my automations are just so i can shift them all to the left 4 bars. It typically messes things up because i always forget to do this to a bus or two, and something will sound out of place.

Is the easiest solution to this just to create empty regions for all of my buses, lengthen them from beginning to the end of the track, then select all regions between the locators where i want to cut (this will include regions of buses), then delete them, and shift everything over to the left?

Set your Cycle area to match the section you want to remove from your arrangement, then choose Edit > Cut/Insert Time > Cut Section Between Locators.

I was inserting time between locators and didn't know I can effectively cut time between locators similarly. Thank you!