Not all Instruments recognised in Instrument Library

karishindsgmail.com

I relocated my Sound Library onto an external drive to make space. But Logic only seems to recognize a certain amount of instruments for some reason. Most of them are there but there are a few missing, like most of the Keyboards and the trumpets. It prompts me to download the missing instruments but I'm afraid it erase the attachment to the relocated library in my external drive. (Because I've had this problem before). Is it a bad idea to download the missing instruments onto the mac disk? I don't think it would be a good idea because then I would essentially create another sound library when I already have one with all the instruments in one place on the external hard drive. Is there a way I can get the instruments to show up?

screen1.jpg.eba4a59403b4130f14505e8171507f81.jpg

screen2.jpg.8ead72921d969f5b1d66be806ca36daa.jpg

Have you tried the refresh library command (from the contextual menu showing up when right-clicking in the library area)?

What are your system's specs (which precise Logic's version are you running)?

How did you proceed to move the library(ies) to your external drive?

Have you rebooted your computer since you moved the library(ies)?

Have you tried the refresh library command (from the contextual menu showing up when right-clicking in the library area)?

What are your system's specs (which precise Logic's version are you running)?

How did you proceed to move the library(ies) to your external drive?

Have you rebooted your computer since you moved the library(ies)?

I can't seem to find the refresh library command. How do I do that?

I'm running Version 10.6.1

I moved the library by relocating it onto my external drive

And yes I've rebooted the computer but it still cant recognize the instruments.

I relocated my Sound Library onto an external drive to make space. But Logic only seems to recognize a certain amount of instruments for some reason. Most of them are there but there are a few missing, like most of the Keyboards and the trumpets. It prompts me to download the missing instruments but I'm afraid it erase the attachment to the relocated library in my external drive. (Because I've had this problem before). Is it a bad idea to download the missing instruments onto the mac disk? I don't think it would be a good idea because then I would essentially create another sound library when I already have one with all the instruments in one place on the external hard drive. Is there a way I can get the instruments to show up?

screen1.jpg

screen2.jpg

Just curious, did you use this option to relocate the library

1677040374_RelocateSoundLibrary.png.4afb9fa3c8efa553239e165a5bb272cd.png

Next, go into Relocate Sound Library and take a screenshot of it and post it here.

Settings.png.03984db99dfbe212f047f6b623001b9c.png

screen1.jpg

screen2.jpg

Just curious, did you use this option to relocate the library

Relocate Sound Library.png

Next, go into Relocate Sound Library and take a screenshot of it and post it here.

Settings.png

Yea I did relocate my sound library that way

Heres the picture: (NO NAME is the name of my external drive)

logic.thumb.PNG.538f23e50983887fb6280052736d3dc2.PNG

okay, so let's do this.

What's in RED is my setup and I see that in your above picture that the 80s Bitrate Synth needs to get downloaded

Follow this path but use your NO NAME as the starting root.

path1.thumb.png.1b884d895c787728552989fd23224b5c.png

path2.thumb.png.77786fb309a4233b8a1b09dd940fae8b.png

Is the 80s Bitrate Synth.exs there?

If not, in the RED box, if you didn't change the name of your primary hard drive, select Macintosh HD and follow the same path.

Do you see it there?

No, it's not in the NO NAME hard drive (the one I've relocated the library to)

I know that, I'm asking if you see it in the same path but on your Macintosh HD hard drive.

Tell me if you see this CAF file in the Audio Path in your NO NAME hard drive.

AudioFile.thumb.png.705da27818b698e434004bdaf5636e63.png

If the CAF file is there, then I think you can re-download and Logic will see the audio file is already there and won't download it so it will only download the missing EXS file.

You shouldn't have to do the re-download, this to me is a bug in the relocate process.

But before you re-download, let me know if the EXS is you your Machintosh HD check where the CAF file is as well.

No, it's not in the NO NAME hard drive (the one I've relocated the library to)

I know that, I'm asking if you see it in the same path but on your Macintosh HD hard drive.

Tell me if you see this CAF file in the Audio Path in your NO NAME hard drive.

AudioFile.png

If the CAF file is there, then I think you can re-download and Logic will see the audio file is already there and won't download it so it will only download the missing EXS file.

You shouldn't have to do the re-download, this to me is a bug in the relocate process.

But before you re-download, let me know if the EXS is you your Machintosh HD check where the CAF file is as well.

Oh, yea the same path is on the Macintosh HD Hard drive too.

2.thumb.PNG.09fe232785a78424a7795d107cfd059e.PNG

But I don't know where to find the Audio Path in the external drive..How do I use/access that? :? sorry im not good with these things

2.PNG

But I don't know where to find the Audio Path in the external drive..How do I use/access that? :? sorry im not good with these things

No problem.

As before, in the RED box, locate your NO NAME hard drive and follow the path to see if the CAF file is there.

Also, in the RED box locate your Macintosh HD and follow it to see if the CAF file is there.

It really should only be in your NO NAME path.

path1.thumb.png.26fb9ddf85c9590e78c6777e40c203b7.png

oath2.thumb.png.460f043ff727f5c5378c4e2d22ab9f08.png

2.PNG

No problem.

As before, in the RED box, locate your NO NAME hard drive and follow the path to see if the CAF file is there.

Also, in the RED box locate your Macintosh HD and follow it to see if the CAF file is there.

It really should only be in your NO NAME path.

path1.png

oath2.png

Okay, the CAF file wasn't in either the Macintosh HD drive or the NO NAME drive because the Keyboard Collection folder is missing..

NO NAME Hard Drive

360449200_noname.thumb.JPG.e4e73cbda9db4db30b3e3daa6934893d.JPG

Macintosh Hard Drive

macintosh.thumb.PNG.f120091668412faeebb856610acd0122.PNG

Okay, the CAF file wasn't in either the Macintosh HD drive or the NO NAME drive because the Keyboard Collection folder is missing..

NO NAME Hard Drive

Macintosh Hard Drive

Well I thought it would at least be on your NO NAME drive, but it's not even there.

I would file a bug report and put a link to this thread so they see what happen to your setup.

Your NO NAME drive is setup as the Current Sound Library files location so the only thing you can do now is re-download.

I appears the files are NOT in the previous folders, so it doesn't look like you'll have duplicates.