DMD error "not all samples assigned"

sirraleigh

thnx david. This works to replace existing samples on pads. But the problem happens when trying to load new samples on empty pads (that do not have tracks yet).

Have you tried dragging the samples to the bottom of the track headers in the Tracks area?

thnx david. This works to replace existing samples on pads. But the problem happens when trying to load new samples on empty pads (that do not have tracks yet).

Have you tried dragging the samples to the bottom of the track headers in the Tracks area?

I think you misread my suggestion. Drag and drop to the bottom of the track headers to the Tracks area to create a new DMD track:

DMD.png.e0f2046a09a600a40580f3d47617642d.png

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Oh goodness! I filed a bug report closely with Apple last year and haven't used Logic much until recently, about 1 updated later.

I was sure this would be fixed and I got the error again!!

Has anyone found a workaround since apparently Apple doesn't think this infuriating bug is an issue??

Hi everyone! 

In the meantime I have found a work-around for this problem.  The issue seems to occur when dragging samples to pads - that Logic is not automatically creating a new sampler instrument for that pad.  But... You can do this manually.  I'm not at my Logic machine right now - so this is from memory - but...

Once you have a DMD instance loaded on a channel - go to the arrange window - there - on the channel that contains the DMD - there will be some way of expanding that channel (a little plus sign or something) that then reveals ALL the individual sub 'channels' for each DMD pad.  These will also be displayed in the mix window.  So DMD is actually hiding an entire architecture of tracks / channels and instruments - one for each DMD pad - under the hood of the main DMD interface instrument.

Once you can see all the individual instruments within either the arrange or Mix windows - there is some way of creating a new channel/instrument.  Again - I am not at my computer so can't remember the exact steps - but if you get to this point - it should be (vaguely) obvious.

If you manually create a blank/new DMD instrument/channel thingo - and THEN drag a sample into the DMD pad interface - this new sound will automatically take up the new instrument/channel you just created.

So perhaps create a bunch of them - and then drag samples in.

Hope this helps - and sorry I can't be more specific right now.  But once you see the individual channels within DMD and understand the links between the DMD interface and all these sub-channel thingos - it should all kind of fall into place.

Good luck!