Custom Sampler instrument from existing patches?

Cognitive Banana
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

I'm in a class that requires me to build a 5 piece kit and create a beat. I need a hand drum, shaker or rattler, clapped or struck, orchestral, and a cymbal. Each has to be multi-sampled, and velocity switching.

Can I grab a few samples from already existing sampler patches and build a quick kit, or do I need to start hunting down samples?

So I figured it out. I was able to just copy/paste the mapping from a single key, and paste it into a new instrument. I grabbed bits from various kits, and I'm in business.

However, despite each instrument being in it's own group, some of them I can map to other tracks, and a couple others I can't... they just go to MAIN despite me routing them to 5-6, and 9-10. Am I missing something, or could it be a bug? I noticed a lot of glitching in the mapping area as I was working, but in my case it's usually user error :)

samples.thumb.jpg.e0bfd0180c07fc8af834cf4c5ad6d064.jpg

However, despite each instrument being in it's own group, some of them I can map to other tracks, and a couple others I can't... they just go to MAIN despite me routing them to 5-6, and 9-10.

It should work, can you give us a specific example? Can you share the instrument right here so that we could have a look and test it out for ourselves? How to attach files to your post

I think it's a bug. I went and found one of the instruments I chose, and it can't be assigned an output either. It seems like a single instrument that spans the entire key range won't budge from main. How does one get a bug report to apple.... because it seems like you should be able to assign this to an output, no? Is there some reason these instruments couldn't be assigned? (See attached)

Cabasa cant assign outputs.zip

test.thumb.jpg.81ad226d99c245465eee3ba2f0f811c6.jpg