System audio drop out after sample rate change

edweb

Hello all

LPX 10.6.2 on Mac Big Sur 11.3.1 and using a Saffire Pro 14 interface

My Mac audio sample rate is set at 48kHz, sync source on Saffire Pro 14 set to "internal".

I do work with LP projects ranging from 44.1kHz to 96 kHz, but every time I load a project that does NOT match the Mac's sample rate, the ENTIRE system audio drops , and the only way to get it restored again is to reboot the computer. Tried using various terminal "killall coreaudio" commands, to no avail.

Meaning now, I have to 1. manually open EVERY project, 2. re-set the project sample rate to the Mac System rate, 3. save project, 4. reboot computer, 5. reload project and adjust any and all audio files within the project to match adjusted sample rate :shock: :?

Clearly this can't be the only way.......?!? Or am I missing something / doing something wrong? Is this an interface- or Mac OS issue or......?

Thanks for any advice & guidance!

The interface should change sample rate instantly whenever you do it in Logic.

Is the Saffire compatible with Big Sur? Does it come with mixer software that needs to be updated?

Thanks, triplets.

The Saffire runs otherwise fine under Big Sur, and the MixControl software is the latest available version - but the sample rate does not change automatically.

Could this also be linked to sync source? I only have "internal" or "SPDIF" (meaning, from another external device) available.

This being said, the Pro 14 is an old(er) Firewire interface, so your suggestion could well be part of the issue....

This being said, the Pro 14 is an old(er) Firewire interface, so your suggestion could well be part of the issue....

How are you connecting it? Adapters I imagine, and to what port on your computer?

The Saffire Pro 14 connects via firewire directly into the Mac (model 12,2)