"Solved" Studio Strings articulation switch shortcut?

cellicello

that's interesting, but I think that's still a problem. When you use Musical Typing, the midi is sent through the environment as if it were coming from a real midi controller...then you have the same problem as before that the only way to enter into the piano roll is to enable the red midi-in button...then the problem with the articulation id getting clear back to "-" presents itself again. I think step input is enabled with that red button yes?

The step input keyboard I think is not going through the environment like musical typing does. You click on it and the notes are entered, REGARDLESS that the the red midi-in button is not lit in step input mode.

But anyway I can't find any key commands listed in the Key Command editor for the musical typing window...but they ARE there for the step input keyboard. Right now they are this:

1714408256_ScreenShot2021-05-18at7_55_59PM.thumb.jpg.af6aca3c7b72e0941d9d5bcdb8da484b.jpg

So I can use midi learn to assign an octave worth of midi keys to those key commands...which should enable a kind of midi input method that will actually work correctly to enter notes into the piano roll with the articulation id intact.

or just use QWERTY.....for step entry..which does retain the articulationID as I said...as does using midi as key command.

Edited by Dewdman42

I think I was not understanding at that point what you meant by midi-in.

My Logic Pro specs are in my signature.

I have personally not spent a lot of time using step entry methods in LogicPro, so I'm afraid there is not much more I can add at this point...perhaps others may have some ideas about how to use step entry, which does seem to work properly...but...I could not figure out how to use the midi keyboard with the step entry dialog.

In thread #14 when I wrote, "In my case with the step-input the articulation will not get "printed" saved in the piano roll"

you replied "works for me." Did we misunderstand each other?

If you can confirm that you can't get the articulation "printed" (saved with the midi note) into the piano roll using a midi keyboard with step input entry,

I will give up trying it, as it can not be done. :D

but as a side note, I think I would just recommend using the QWERTY keys with the step input keyboard...its pretty good and anyway all kinds of other key shortcuts exist for accidentals, durations, up octave, down octave, etc.. and the QWERTY keys for the pitches are laid out the same way as the musical typing window..like a real midi keyboard..

But anyway, you could still map the pitch keys to your midi keyboard for one octave in any case.

But still, Apple needs to hear that midi-in step time mode of the piano roll is basically broken for articulation ID, I am submitting a bug report also.

Thank you David Nahmani and Dewdman42 :D

Sorry Dewdman42, I missed some of your comments in the thread.

With your precious help this workflow is solved :lol:

I will use the step input entry.

With articulation set. I enter the midi notes with my computer keyboard (A~J), the rhythm (with 1~0), and so on, (octave with ZX...)

With a midi keyboard (piano) I change articulations with C0~F1 with the Midi Remote button switch On.

I got my articulation shortcut :D

Thank you very much guys 8-)

65163238_ScreenShot2021-05-19at17_06_53.thumb.JPG.09c5a13b8d7419f150157edf04b36e76.JPG

Edited by cellicello

It works except I get some midi notes when changing the articulations using a midi keyboard to change articulations in step input mode.

I can remove the "extra" midi notes without losing the articulations, so I consider this workflow good to go.

I made shortcuts with Keyboard Maestro for some articulations

and set my Shuttle Pro 2 so I can also change articulations with it :D

I made some midi note button on Metagrid also, so I can change articulations from all over the place 8-)

Thank you again.

804108204_ScreenShot2021-05-19at21_03_27.thumb.JPG.500dde87c1ce18c19e4aa93bc5037ea2.JPG

110778320_ScreenShot2021-05-19at21_27_39.thumb.JPG.92779da9e939c104d58cb2c665e5c516.JPG

610925796_ArticulationtriggerLogicKeyboardMaestro.thumb.JPG.dc82786c03f350e5637880161c37725d.JPG

1147227001_DemoKeyboardMaestroArticulationswitchLogic.gif.4672570aef9b1d841eda3fcc52f0c03e.gif

Edited by cellicello