Logic Pro and Dolby Atmos

musos

Apple announced today that as from June, Apple Music will offer "Spatial Audio" and Dolby Atmos music files. Specific details are rather sparse at this point.

I have to wonder if the next version of Logic Pro will incorporate the ability to mix in Dolby Atmos (at a price no doubt).

Maybe WWDC in June will reveal more....

I was wondering the same thing. Interesting and surprising that they would announce the distribution of dolby atmos mixed content before the format has been made easily available or compatible on the production side of things.

I also wonder how truly useful it is for music playback, and how long this will last. It sounds more suited to special effects and the movie theaters in my (early) opinion.

Well, there are already many albums out there that have been mixed in surround format. I have several DTS-CD's and DVD-Audio discs that sound wonderful. I imagine these can be easily converted to Dolby Atmos.

But what about those of us who simply want to release music in some kind of surround format? I have been looking for a platform for quite some time with no success. Perhaps Apple Music will be the outlet I need, but I don't want to have to pay a fortune to obtain a licence to create Dolby Atmos files.

As always, time will tell.