Solo bus still not fixed.

kark million
Go to solution Solved by kark million,

Does anyone know if there is just something I'm missing or can you still not solo a track in a summing bus? My entire template running VEP is using summing busses so in effect I have no solo ability within Logic which is nuts. Hitting the solo button just gets me silence. The whole point of a solo button is so that you can hear just that track. Surely they must be aware of this issue but in the meantime is there any way around this or some kind of workaround?

Yes I see the output of your stack is set to the ST out. If you were to change that to a bus which then goes into the ST out you would (I think) lose the ability to solo. In my case my stacks go into buses which serve at Master groups which then go into buses which serve as stem groups and then finally into the ST out. So yes, a little more complicated but one still expects a solo button to do what a solo button is intended to do.

• Solution
Ok so I think you helped me solve my problem! My template is confusing in that my master busses for separating strings, guitars, basses, drums etc etc were going to actual audio tracks so that I could print the stems. The Master busses then went to the outputs. However, what I've done is make all those master busses actual busses instead of audio tracks and then made a separate batch of audio tracks into which the busses feed but on those audio tracks the output is set to none. And that is then where I'll print my stems. Therefore I'm not actually hearing the outputs of those stem printing audio tracks but they're still getting the same information I'm hearing from the master busses. This has now resulted in my solo system working just fine. I don't know why the solo function wouldn't work going thru audio tracks, but whatever the reason I've solved my problem. So thanks!!!