HELP!! Projects won't open

Jonathan0226

I just installed Logic 10.6.2 and now none of my projects will open. The load bar will fill up and then it will just stay there. I already tried reinstalling logic. I disabled the core audio after reading about it on another forum and it let me open the project but when I enable the core audio it does it again.

I want to mention if I enable the core audio with the project already open it will stay open but my plugins like superior drummer and Kontakt won't work even though they are loaded in the plugin manager.

If you use Time Machine, there is very likely an old version of Logic in the backups. See if you can find one and if so, open the projects there, save as a new project file and then try to open the new project file in 10.6.2. Good luck!

No, I don’t have time machine set up. Thankfully only a few projects are messed up. I will make sure to set up and follow the things listed in the future to prevent this from happening. I did remove all the plugins and save a new version. It still wouldn’t load. If anyone has any fixes please let me know. For now I’ll try and recreate them.

No, I don’t have time machine set up. Thankfully only a few projects are messed up. I will make sure to set up and follow the things listed in the future to prevent this from happening. I did remove all the plugins and save a new version. It still wouldn’t load. If anyone has any fixes please let me know. For now I’ll try and recreate them.

just curious: what do you use for backup? because that's the single-most important thing you can do.

what OS are you running? you could try resetting the nvram... or unplug your audio device, then open logic (using built-in audio). and can you start a new project? (or does that fail as well?)...

I'm going to be honest in that I didn't have a back up set up yet. Just recently bought the computer and was dumb in not focusing on that first. Trust me, I'll be setting one up from now on. I have the Mac mini, 16 gigs of ram, m1 chip, running Big Sur 11.2.3. I'm using a presonus 24c interface.

I tried changing to internal audio with no luck just now. I'll look into resetting the nvram. Thanks for some extra ideas. I can open a new project and it lets me save and reopen using superior drummer 3 and brainworx plugins like I had in these others projects. It's like the update just messed something up in a few of the project files so that they won't open unless the audio driver is turned off. But once I open them and turn back on the audio driver, it'll only let me use everything except the 3rd party plugins.

I'm going to be honest in that I didn't have a back up set up yet. Just recently bought the computer and was dumb in not focusing on that first. Trust me, I'll be setting one up from now on. I have the Mac mini, 16 gigs of ram, m1 chip, running Big Sur 11.2.3. I'm using a presonus 24c interface.

I tried changing to internal audio with no luck just now. I'll look into resetting the nvram. Thanks for some extra ideas. I can open a new project and it lets me save and reopen using superior drummer 3 and brainworx plugins like I had in these others projects. It's like the update just messed something up in a few of the project files so that they won't open unless the audio driver is turned off. But once I open them and turn back on the audio driver, it'll only let me use everything except the 3rd party plugins.

try opening a project (with coreaudio off), then doing a save as to a new file. then turn coreaudio back on, and see if you can open the new file.

or try opening a new blank project, and under file>import>logic projects... import everything from a problematic project.

this is a new mac, so you can always call apple directly, and torture them with the problem!