Thinning out Apple Loops?

grumblepig

Yesterday I saw the message "More Sounds Available" or such and got excited as I always do. While there were a few new (to me) Drummer tracks, I think that the bulk of the new stuff was loops, which I don't tend to rely on so much. But there was a LOT to download and my poor Mac Mini is filling up quick. Is there any way to uninstall only some of what I downloaded, mainly the loops?

I always offer the caveat that I'm not much a tech guy. I manage to use tech all day long and make records all the time, but it's pretty much hook or by crook with me. Hence, the cheerful clicking on "Sure, download away, captain" buttons whenever I see them...

Thanks!

I don't recommend you start customizing your Sound Library content, especially if you're not a tech guy: chances are you'll get frustrating not controlling what you have installed and what you don't, if you can tell at all. And the nagging constant messages are sure to drive you mad.

So the easiest is to install the entire content even if you're not using it all.

Now if your system drive is nearly full you have a bigger issue on your hands: it's highly recommended you keep around 20 or 25 % empty minimum on your disks. So what I would recommend is you purchase an external SSD such as a 1TB samsung T5, relocate your Sound Library there (from Logic Pro > Sound Library > Relocate Sound Library) to that drive, and move as much stuff as practical to that drive to leave plenty of available room on the system drive.

I don't recommend you start customizing your Sound Library content, especially if you're not a tech guy: chances are you'll get frustrating not controlling what you have installed and what you don't, if you can tell at all. And the nagging constant messages are sure to drive you mad.

So the easiest is to install the entire content even if you're not using it all.

Now if your system drive is nearly full you have a bigger issue on your hands: it's highly recommended you keep around 20 or 25 % empty minimum on your disks. So what I would recommend is you purchase an external SSD such as a 1TB samsung T5, relocate your Sound Library there (from Logic Pro > Sound Library > Relocate Sound Library) to that drive, and move as much stuff as practical to that drive to leave plenty of available room on the system drive.

Moving the Sound Library is the answer I was imagining, but having never done such, I was wary of doing so without checking in here first. In other words, thanks David!

And I'd simply leave that external drive hooked up all the time and the Sound Library bits and pieces would be immediately available on the SSD, correct? I'm using a 2T Samsung for my Logic/PT/S1 audio already, so matched set it'll be!