M1 Compatible Audio Plugins

I am running an M1 Mac Mini with Big Sur 11.3.1 with Logic Pro 10.6.2.

I have all of my plugins working within Logic under Native M1 mode. But in order to do this I had to open Logic Pro X in Rosetta first. I then unticked opening Logic in Rosetta and went back in native M1 mode.

You might be surprised that all of the following plugins and VSTs work in Logic whilst running natively in M1, but the intel based additions are opened in an AU wrapper.

The audio plugins and VSTs that I am using within Logic Native M1 are:

Fabfilter (Native)

Ample Sound (Intel)

Native Instruments (Intel)

- Joshua Bell Violin

- Kinetic Toys

- Monark

- Scarbee Mk I

- Scarbee Rickenbacker Bass

- Symphony Series Complete Collection

- Una Corda

EastWest (Intel)

-Pianos

Synthogy Uprights II (Intel) Copied samples from old hard drive.

Toontrack (Intel)

- Superior Drummer 3

UVI (Intel)

- Italian Keys

Waves V12.7

-Too many to list 100+

Note - Avoid StudioRack at the moment

IKMultimedia

-TRacks (Intel)

Sonarworks (Intel)

-Ref4

Izotope (Intel)

-RX7

Hope this helps anyone transitioning onto the new M1 system. Remember open Logic in Rosetta first and then go back to native.

Kind Regards

Rodney

Hey David! Great thread :D

Btw, I think you can move Valhalla to Native support. I can't find the blog update about Apple Silicon support, but if you look at the plugin page, you'll see that all the latest builds have native Apple Silicon support. :)

https://valhalladsp.com/plugins/

Thank you, I checked and you're right. I've updated the list to reflect this. :)

… I'm quite dependent on Waves stuff… is it likely to ever be compatible? The lack of progress from them since November 2020 feels like a bit os a worry...

They don't have a choice, at some point all of us will transition to Apple Silicon and all the plug-in that want to stay current will have to be Apple Silicon native.

Yeah, I get that – but the fact that Waves have had a rolling Fire Sale operating since January makes me worried that they are just going to cash in and bail! I was planning to get an M1 MBP when the 16" screens drop (next month?) but at this point I can't risk it because 90% of my gear won't work.

Yeah, I get that – but the fact that Waves have had a rolling Fire Sale operating since January makes me worried that they are just going to cash in and bail!

I can't remember a time when Waves didn't have at least some kind of sale, it's just Wave's operating mode, always on sale. I can't imagine such a profitable business that has been going on for a long time deciding to cash and bail just because Apple updates their processors.

Yeah, I get that – but the fact that Waves have had a rolling Fire Sale operating since January makes me worried that they are just going to cash in and bail! I was planning to get an M1 MBP when the 16" screens drop (next month?) but at this point I can't risk it because 90% of my gear won't work.

wave's been doing nonstop sales since 2013.

they won't bail but i wouldn't expect them to roll out apple silicon native plugins any time soon.

switch to a more reliable developer for plugins if you like to be on top of things

wave's been doing nonstop sales since 2013.

they won't bail but i wouldn't expect them to roll out apple silicon native plugins any time soon.

switch to a more reliable developer for plugins if you like to be on top of things

Waves have been at it for over 25 years. There has been many times they could have bailed in the past, but didn't. Far too many pros from across the decades rely on them so this won't be the case.

M1/Rosetta support will be coming. The just have hundreds of plugins too update and verify, so much more than any other developer too my knowledge. It just takes time, especially if you want them to do it right. I say they will be close to release, exactly how close I have no way of knowing.

Wow, just saw this list of Universal Binary 2 software.

Universal Binary 2 List

:mrgreen:

a lot of devs are listing plugs as UB2 even if they only work via rosetta.

i.e. the first on that list is a Kontakt library.

this is a community maintained list that check every plugin:

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=556728

Odd, I didn't see the Kontakt library on my list and I went ahead and filtered by instrument as well.

Can you take a screen shot of that.

One other thing that I'll point out as well.

A application may be Universal Binary 2 but what sucks is the installer application isn't for some.

Fabfilter has both the installer and application Universal Binary 2.

Serum doesn't, it's installer requires Rosetta 2 but serum itself is a Universal Binary 2.

I have to use The Unarchiver to extract the files and place them myself.

i.e. the first on that list is a Kontakt library.

this is a community maintained list that check every plugin:

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=556728

Odd, I didn't see the Kontakt library on my list and I went ahead and filtered by instrument as well.

Can you take a screen shot of that.

(Btw Peakbuster is -insanely- good)

418770845_Screenshot2021-06-15at10_08_38.thumb.png.93048e5e7f2fbc33de60f8929861016e.png

(Btw Peakbuster is -insanely- good)

The icon in red indicates a Universal Binary 2.

UniversalBinary2.png.550ae084d04184d9ae5fe9b730c97708.png

I did a lipo on the executable of Peakbuster and this shows it's both Intel and Arm64 (Universal Binary 2)

PeakBuster.thumb.png.73578ba1012365cbc9c5d2a69a952b99.png

If you really want to know if a application is Universal Binary 2, do a lipo on the actual executable.

Also keep in mind what I posted above regarding installer applications.

Yeah ik peakbuster is UB2 :)

I use Archichect drag&drop software to check whether there's arm binaries or not

Solo "Kontakt" instrument next to it isn't :)

I see that now.

I guess an email to KVR to tell them that they need to only allow items on that list that are UB2.

I would avoid that company as well, misleading people isn't cool and they know that as well.