M1 Compatible Audio Plugins

Note:

I experienced an issue with Stylus RMX.

Spectrasonics tech support sent me a lightning-fast response with the following advice:

StylusRMX v1.9.9c2 and earlier supported either an alias or a symlink for the SAGE folder, but RMX v1.10.0f only supports symlinks.

This change is intentional, as a symlink to the SAGE folder allows Stylus RMX to perform at its best.

To create a proper SAGE symlink for Stylus RMX to use:

Delete the current SAGE alias found at the location below:

Macintosh HD/ Users/ / Library/ Application Support/ Spectrasonics

Note: In Mac OS X 10.7.x and later, the Library folder in each User folder is now hidden.

To find the Library folder:

Go to the Finder and click the Go menu while holding the Option key. Library will appear in the menu while the Option key is held.

Open the standalone application of Stylus RMX and you’ll be prompted to locate your SAGE folder

Locate your SAGE folder, select it and click “Open”

Close and reopen Stylus RMX for the changes to take effect

we've been through this before simon, on nearly every other forum/board, i'm not going down this rabbithole again

That's fair and totally valid. I don't want to go through this again.

However, my response to you is more a response so "others can see" when they look at this thread too. It's a different site, a different thread, but point that is till worth making clear for those others who will see it.

There is so much false assumptions and misinformation formation floating out there, along with unrealistic expectations, I find myself having to put things in perspective for everyone else as it seems not that many are capable of their own critical thinking. Not accusing you of anything, dude, just commenting about people in general.

Wow, just saw this list of Universal Binary 2 software.

Universal Binary 2 List

:mrgreen:

a lot of devs are listing plugs as UB2 even if they only work via rosetta.

i.e. the first on that list is a Kontakt library.

this is a community maintained list that check every plugin:

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=556728

Good to know. Personally, I don't think this is cool at all. Rosetta is Rosetta, native is native. They really shouldn't be going around calling it one thing when it is the other, only misunderstandings and other bad things can come of that.

NI just updated a bunch of FX to Rosetta2 compatibility

Solid Mix Series: Solid Bus Comp, Solid Dynamic, Solid EQ

Reverb Classics: RC 24, RC 48

Vintage Compressors: VC 160, VC 2A, VC 76

Premium Tube Series: Enhanced EQ, Passive EQ, Vari Comp

Driver

Supercharger, Supercharger GT

Transient Master

Thank You for this Post Sir. It's most relevant and helpful. i didn't see Native Instruments Kontakt in Your list of working VSTs but i'm assuming the Kontakt Plugin will be "Natively" compatible!

BTW i hope You and Your Loved ones are doing OK in these crazy times. God Bless You.

i didn't see Native Instruments Kontakt in Your list of working VSTs but i'm assuming the Kontakt Plugin will be "Natively" compatible!

No, so far Native Instrument haven't made their products Apple Silicon compatible:

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014683497-Apple-Silicon-Compatibility-News

• 2 weeks later...
Roland Cloud have an imminent announcement coming up about native M1 support - a few of the updates were pushed out already featuring native M1 support, but the rest should be coming pretty soon. I'll post back when the announcement is official and all the plugins are natively supported.

Los Angeles, CA, July 20, 2021 — Roland, the world-leading electronic musical instrument, music software, and professional video products creator, is pleased to announce that 28 of its carefully crafted AU software musical instruments managed via Roland Cloud are now updated with native support for Apple silicon.

Roland instruments now updated with native support for Apple silicon include:

ZENOLOGY・SYSTEM-1・SYSTEM-8・JUNO-60・TR-606・D-50・JX-3P・PROMARS・SH-101・JUNO-106・SYSTEM-100・TB-303・TR-808・Jupiter-8・JV-1080・TR-909・SH-2・XV-5080・SRX BRASS・SRX DANCE TRAX・SRX ELECTRIC PIANO・SRX KEYBOARDS・SRX ORCHESTRA・SRX STRINGS・SRX STUDIO・SRX WORLD・SRX PIANO I・SRX PIANO II

https://www.roland.com/RolandComSite/media/global/release/pdf/2021/20210721_1_Roland_Apple_Silicon_Support.pdf

Los Angeles, CA, July 20, 2021 — Roland, the world-leading electronic musical instrument, music software, and professional video products creator, is pleased to announce that 28 of its carefully crafted AU software musical instruments managed via Roland Cloud are now updated with native support for Apple silicon.

Roland instruments now updated with native support for Apple silicon include:

ZENOLOGY・SYSTEM-1・SYSTEM-8・JUNO-60・TR-606・D-50・JX-3P・PROMARS・SH-101・JUNO-106・SYSTEM-100・TB-303・TR-808・Jupiter-8・JV-1080・TR-909・SH-2・XV-5080・SRX BRASS・SRX DANCE TRAX・SRX ELECTRIC PIANO・SRX KEYBOARDS・SRX ORCHESTRA・SRX STRINGS・SRX STUDIO・SRX WORLD・SRX PIANO I・SRX PIANO II

https://www.roland.com/RolandComSite/media/global/release/pdf/2021/20210721_1_Roland_Apple_Silicon_Support.pdf

Unfortunately, the Roland Sound Cloud Manager is still Intel based and it requires Rosetta 2 to be installed.

I did check and the Audio Unit's themselves are Universal.