Flex adjustments gone after BIP

xtianc
Go to solution Solved by xtianc,

I am fairly new to Logic. I have read many posts here and tried several things, but as of yet I have no fix. Here’s the issue: I turn on Flex - I adjust all my audio files to be just where I want them (rhythmic right now) - and then I bounce in place. Just in case, I will also disclose that there are several takes on each track from doing “punch in” fixes. I assumed that regardless of Flex being on or not, that once I BIP it is “etched in stone”. That is - if I listen back to the new BIP track without Flex being on - that it would sound like it did before I BIP and I had Flex on. All my Flex adjustments are gone in the BIP track. What am I doing wrong? Are my assumptions incorrect?

• Solution
I figured it out. I'm not sure if this is normal behavior for Logic, but it worked for me. I had sliced some of the audio tracks to apply adjustments to only those sections. I figured that Bounce AND Join would do what it says-- well it did -- but it "erased" my flex adjustments. Instead, I Joined first, THEN I bounced in place. Now my flex is off and the adjustments I had done previously with flex are still there. I hope this helps someone.