MIDI Auto De-Mix and multiple plugin instances with hardware controller

constant survivor

Hi everyone,

I've got a question concerning MIDI hardware controllers and plugin instances. I'll try to describe my problem as clearly as possible.

My scenario:

I use a hardware sequencer to sequence the TAL UNO LX software synth. So in Logic I create a new track with this plugin and set the track to receive MIDI on channel 1 and the hardware sequencer to send MIDI on channel 1. So far so good.

Now I want to create a second track in Logic with the same plugin and the same overall setup with the only difference, that this track corresponds to MIDI channel 2.

In the project settings I set the Auto-De-Mix function for MIDI multitrack (or whatever it is called) because obviously I want to sequence both plugin instances independently.

I hope so far this makes sense...

Now a third component comes into play: a dedicated hardware controller for the plugin itself (Soundforce SFC 60 v3). The problem with this thing is, that you can not change the MIDI channel on the device itself quickly (you have to open a control panel via Google Chrome, PITA!).

Now the problem is as following: Sequencer is triggering notes on channel 1 and 2. If I now wanted to use the plugin controller to work on one (and only one of course!) of the two plugin instances, I would have to switch the MIDI channel on the device. As I aid before, this is a PITA. So does anybody can think of a work around on this? I guess without the MIDI De-Mix function I would be able to simply highlight the corresponding track in Logic and the SFC 60 then would work on this channel only. But the De-Mix option has to be checked because I still want the sequencer to trigger on MDI channel 1 and 2 independently of course.

I hope you can follow me and looking forward to any help.

All the best!

Hannes

P.s. Logic Pro X 10.5 ; Hardware Sequencer is the Synthstrom Deluge ; plugin controller is the Soundforce SFC 60 v3 ; plugin is TAL UNO LX