External Instruments

Dynamic_Notes

Hi,

When I try out layering sounds from Logic's library with my external synths, then choose another sound from the library, my external Instruments are disarmed and I have to go and arm them again. Super annoying. I'm hoping Im missing some obvious setting. Does anyone know what it is or a work around?

Thanks.

@Atlas - Thanks for your response. I don't see any R button on Inst, External Instr or External midi channelstrips, only on their track headers.

I haven't been using the plugin as I don't have enough inputs on my audio interface to have my devices patched in simultaneously. When I add tracks I just use External Midi tracks (without the plugin option checked) and monitor everything through a hardware mixer. I dont record the audio of the hardware synths til the end when the inputs are free.

Upon further fiddling around it's not only the external midi track that disengages but other instr tracks thats armed as well and I've found its happening inconsistently so if I could rename the title of this thread it should be something like "Various selection issues and armed tracks being disengaged"

So, I loaded up a new empty project and added an External Midi track and a couple of Instr tracks. I tried to pin down exactly why selecting a sound from the library disables the R of the other tracks. For a time I was able to select sounds from the library for a track and the other tracks didn't disengage, but I don't know what I did to get that to happen. Just seems random.

I'm seeing other inconsistent behaviour with selecting things in the main window/Inspector/library which may or may not be related - for example, an Ext Midi track refusing to arm (sometimes) if another track was armed; highlighting all tracks then using Ctrl/R sometimes armed all tracks, the other (non focused) tracks, some of them or none of them at all; toggling it would sometimes disengage all the armed tracks (expected behaviour), or only some tracks or none at all.

After ages scouring the manual and trying things out I'm no closer to figuring out what I'm doing wrong or misunderstanding. Would appreciate if anyone else can play around with this a bit to see if they are getting any inconsistent weird behaviour.

Thanks.