Midi Region Cut Indicator Line?

5oundcrafT

• 2 weeks later...
Joined a bunch of midi regions together and now there are grey lines where the all the cuts were made. Looks cluttered to me and was wondering how to get rid of them?

I believe you're describing MIDI CC events. Click the regions and press D to open the Event List. Locate the MIDI Controller, select it and press Delete on your keyboard to get rid of it:

1449856529_MIDICCEvent.png.149b786d6804d089c0fe1af73221d758.png

Ya, the grey lines appeared after I joined a bunch of midi regions together that I cut from a larger midi region and indicate where those cuts were made, I don't need to see them. Deleting the control events works but seems painstaking to go through and remove them all. I'll just keep them where they are for now. Might be easier after the fact to just copy the notes to a new empty midi region later on if it really bothers me.

Thanks for the tips as always guys.

Just for precision: the gray lines do not indicate where the cuts were made, they indicate the position of the Control events inside your region. It's possible that events were present or created at the individual regions' edges before you joined them, that's hard for us to determine because we don't know where those regions come from, how they were created or recorded, if any region automation was applied to them by you or someone else, etc.

In any case if you feel confident that you don't need the control events, click the Notes and Pitch Bend buttons in the Event List: this will hide all the notes and pitch bend events. You should be left with only the control events. You can now select them all (Command-A) and press delete. Then you can click the Notes and Pitch Bend buttons again to unhide the corresponding events.

Well that makes total sense now. I downloaded a MIDI file from the internet, chopped it up then put it together in different pieces. Likely had some events preexisting and is what the lines are all about. I used your method and is very easy to remove them now. Thanks!