Alchemy and sculpture randomly sustaining notes.

JCA

All of a sudden Alchemy seems to randomly hang on to notes. The master volume is correctly routed the ADHSR.

I have looked at everything I can think of. Note placement, the region and the master voice controls but It just happens randomly on two tracks that both have Alchemy on them.

I also had it with sculpture so something odd is going on but I am out of ideas. Any help would save me pulling any more hair out. Ta.

I think I solved it.

I had pre fader metering on. I have turned it off and problem is solved. Not sure if thats a bug or me being an idiot.

Pre-fader metering affects only the metering. It does not affect the behavior of the instrument at all, so this must have been just a fluke. Let us know if the issue reappears and we'll run some proper troubleshooting tests.

Nope. That has not fixed it. Thought it would be odd for that to have an effect. I am having to reset midi in the lcd every time I play.

I have a pad with all sources on with overlapping notes with start start and ends in slightly different positions ( very small amounts.) set to legato in the voice area of Alchemy. One region at the end of my track is always fine so i copy pasted it over a region that repeatedly played back wrong and the problem persists. It seems to have some relation to where the note sits on the timeline.

Any ideas anyone I am stumped. I had problems with Alchemy before but just from playing half way through a region. This is nuts and unusable right now.

Hi.

Yeah the problem is it seems random.

So I had to play that bit I sent you a few times before it would do what I am describing.. Essentially the notes on the top track should always end fairly abruptly and fairly frequently without any reason I can discern they just continue on and on. But you have to play it a few times to get it to happen.

Thanks.

Using your project one thing I noticed about Logic is when in cycle mode from a position other than the beginning, I think it tries to playback where it left off which would make sense.

In this video you'll hear the hung note but if I move the same midi region to a duplicate track with no midi regions previous to it, notice how it plays.

Thanks for taking a look at it. I am still unclear as to why this is happening? It occurs whether cycle is on or off.

I do not remember this Alchemy instrument behaving this way on other projects.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone got any ideas on this? It IS DRIVING ME NUTS. I have opened up my project and again Logic is randomly

playing notes well after the note and well after the region the note is within. The release paramaters are all set correctly and if I play the song from the start usually it seems to play correctly. But it still randomly refuse to stop playing the note until I hit the note in note out box on the LCD. Then if I copy the track but keep it within the same track stack the two regions. (one being a copy) Play the sound from the same instrument differently. Its the same synth but envelope seems all wrong. I have looked at the alchemies and they are identical setups. I have no idea what is going on here I have been using Alchemy for about four years and I have not experienced this before other than setting up master volume to the volume env. Any help greatly appreciated this is really slowing me down.

Ta.

Hi again. I just double checked. I was wrong and you were correct! My main project's start point was indeed set to -2.1.1

I have changed this and will post back to see if this has sorted the issue. Thanks I would never in a million years thought of that or looked there.

Ta.

J.

I have an embarrassing confession to make!

It was suggested right at the start of this thread and I did look..... But I looked again and there it was. A sustain entry on the events list. Problem solved. I have to own up to not using the events list and I was looking for a release entry

not a sustain. OOps! Thanks for all the suggestions.

Ta.

J.