Logic very slow in loading projects lately

omar17166

Hi!

Is anyone else experiencing a slow down in (first after boot) loading of projects in general? It started a couple of months ago, not exactly sure at what upgrade point.

Just a general slow down (2-3 folds!! compared to previous loadings). OK, I have like 25 tracks, external libraries: Kontakt, Spitfire, etc. and a few audio effects. But I don't ever remember it being as slow as this!

I am on Catalina, Logic at 10.6.2 and my i7 iMac is at max memory of 32GB.

Thanks David. My mac is a late 2013 one so it has a 1TB mechanical drive, less than half of it is utilized. I have another 2TB external mechanical drive for the time machine only so that has hardly to do with the issue.

One thing I noticed though, is that the first loading of a project (after boot up) takes an extensively long time, which is really the issue I am talking about, but if I save and close the project and exit logic and start all over again then the logic startup and the loading of the project goes very quickly. As if the the OS now remembers the memory allocation and the project's bits and pieces fit into their respective areas immediately. Is this an expected behaviour?

• 2 weeks later...

Just adding an extra explanation regarding the last sentence in my previous answer.

- Loading the project, direct after boot up and startup of logic, it took 5:04 minutes.

- Closing the project and loading it again, it took 2:49 minutes.

Is this an expected behaviour?