Input gain knob question???

deckard1

I would say it is the same as setting the input to 5 under unity gain. So, yeah, a pad of -5 dB. But, without knowing what interface it communicates with, I can't be sure. I'm also not sure if the numbers are equivalent to dB's or not.

Just to confirm...there is no actual 'pad' button available in Logic?

Just to confirm...there is no actual 'pad' button available in Logic?

Nope. Should be done at the interface.

For one of my interfaces that's not an option. The Apogee Jam. I've got the input gain on the Jam set to almost zero and it's still too hot.

jam.jpg.15918cbc8058aa39c649d3cf642c3085.jpg

If the Gain on the Jam is already at zero, maybe your guitar pickups are too hot?

Yes! Exactly! How do I reduce that? Raise the action on my guitar is all I can think of?

Is there a 1/4" adaptor I can plug my guitar into that acts as a pad then I could plug that into the Jam? Just got back from the Guitar Center and the guy there said use the pad button in Logic. :shock:

Looks like -12 dB is the lowest...and the default value when creating an audio track.

And? Does the level drop or not?

Well, when I create an audio channel without the Jam interface connected the input gain knob is displayed. When I connect my Jam interface and choose the Jam as the input source in audio preferences, the input gain knob is not displayed. Seems I can get by though with setting the interface gain to absolute zero. I was setting the interface gain to about .5 or 1...barely anything. Would be nice to have a pad feature though in Logic.

Would be nice to have a pad feature though in Logic.

That would mean Logic has to communicate with all interfaces available for macOS and their drivers and or software mixers.

There is a menu in Logic under Mix called Open Apogee Control. I think it's the only hardware integration available.

So your choices are:

Grab a guitar with lower output pickups or

use another interface.

Would be nice to have a pad feature though in Logic.

That would mean Logic has to communicate with all interfaces available for macOS and their drivers and or software mixers.

There is a menu in Logic under Mix called Open Apogee Control. I think it's the only hardware integration available.

So your choices are:

Grab a guitar with lower output pickups or

use another interface.

Makes sense. Thanks.