Logic video playback

vincentzaalberg

Hi Atlas,

it displays scenes further along in the timeline in a scrubbing style fashion.

So the playhead goes back and the audio is played back correctly but the video skips ahead.

Pretty pesky when scoring to video.

I think I haven't seen the issue yet when opening the dedicated video viewer (not sure). This regards the inspector mini video display top left, which I use a lot since I don't have a second screen.

Any idea's as to what is causing it?

So my guess is it's the fact that the playback of the video is probably buffered somehow which makes it unable to react quickly to playback changes without first emptying the buffer. Kind of like what happens when you have a cycle area going and as the playhead reaches the end of the playhead you suddenly turn off Cycle mode: Logic had already buffered the beginning of the cycle area to get ready to play that back and all of a sudden you are asking to play something else (what's after the cycle area) which it wasn't ready to playback and hadn't buffered, so you hear a bit of the beginning of the cycle (even though the playhead doesn't jump there) and there are some hiccups before playback resumes as expected at the visible playhead position.

I'm afraid the only workaround is to stop playback then resume. You can probably perform the two key commands really quickly though. Kinda like the quick double-press of the Spacebar when changing the Mute or Solo status of regions to get Logic to play the new status without having to wait.

Hi David,

ah yes that makes sense to me.

Double enter + double spacebar would be a workaround.

Actually since you mentioned buffering I tried upping it to 1024 and that does prevent or make the issue less frequent as well!

Many thanks for helping out David. This makes a big difference for scoring to film!

Regards,

Vincent