bouncing in place but keeping compression effects

GuyBorlander
Go to solution Solved by GuyBorlander,

• Solution

I am creating stems for my track to send to an engineer, but I noticed if I bounce regions in place that have live compression / side chain effects on the bounced version doesn't include it.

also if I export it individually, no result either...

what I have resorted to doing is freezing the track in place and THEN exporting it individually.

So I have two questions:

1. Why does freezing include all effects and bouncing / exporting doesn't?

2. Is there a quicker way of doing this?

thanks guys!

*EDIT

I have just realised that freezing and then exporting doesn't include the audio tail, even when I select "Include audio tail" when exporting...

I am really stuck and need your help guys

*EDIT 2

I am stupid, I just realised I can export the entire project but with everything else muted, this gives me exactly what I was looking for.

Just be careful to make sure that your side-chain effects are still active when muting tracks and bouncing out stems.

thank you, I have taken note of this. when focusing on one sound and exporting it as an individual stem with everything else muted, I make sure that the other channels are still active.

for example: I am bouncing out a lead synth sound that is side-chained to the percussion / kick drums - I will make sure that the percussion / kick drum channel is active and not frozen / turned off... even though it is muted, the lead synth will still side chain compress correctly with all of the appropriate effects working and I will end up with a full length stem with all of the correct effects embedded into it!

for example: I am bouncing out a lead synth sound that is side-chained to the percussion / kick drums - I will make sure that the percussion / kick drum channel is active and not frozen / turned off... even though it is muted, the lead synth will still side chain compress correctly with all of the appropriate effects working and I will end up with a full length stem with all of the correct effects embedded into it!

The thing to be wary of is if your side-chaining is triggered from a bus or aux track. This can result in it becoming inactive once tracks are muted. But as you said, if side-chaining directly from an audio track you shouldn't have any problems.