Problems with Logic X freezing on 2018 Mac mini (Intel)

ConcertTom

Looking for opinions here. I got a newish Mac Mini (2018, 3GHz 6-core Intel i5 chip, 64GB ram) in the Fall running Logic X on Catalina. All of a sudden yesterday, I tried to load in a new IR in Space Designer and it froze on the rainbow pinwheel of death. Force quit and tried again, same thing. Then I tried to bounce a mix, same thing. Other aspects of Logic seem so far to be working normally.

Here is the list of everything I did at that point.

- Restart Computer. No difference

- Loaded up a different reverb plug in and messed around with it. No problems there.

- Tried opening a couple different projects. Same issues.

- Updated Logic to 10.6.2 (from 10.6.0). Same issues.

- Did latest security update in Catalina. Same issues.

- Moved the same project to a different hard drive. Same issues

- Deleted preferences cache. Same issues

- Reset PRAM. Same issues

- Checked Activity Monitor in Utilities and it doesn't look like anything is spiking the RAM or CPU.

- Restarted in Diagnostic mode (AHT), no hardware issues were found.

- Moved the project to my laptop. Everything worked fine there. I was able to bounce and mess with Space Designer no problem.

- Back to the Mac Mini, I tried using internal audio only instead of the interface. Same issues.

- Finally, I Deleted Logic from the Mac Mini and reinstalled. Same issues.

My guess is that the next step is to reinstall the OS, but wondering if any of you can think of anything else to try. This is strange and frustrating that only certain functions are freezing things up. For example, I CAN'T do a ctrl-B bounce, but I CAN bounce in place in the arrange window. I haven't come across any other functions that aren't working but I'm guessing they're in there somewhere.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Did you try booting Logic from a new user account?

Did you try rebuilding your project using a newly created template?

Rebuilding the project with a new template didn't do anything, which isn't surprising since this is affecting ALL my projects,

BUT, I just booted Logic from a new user and everything worked fine. Logged back into my original user account and it was all screwy again.

What do you think this means? I've already reset all preferences within Logic and deleted the preferences cache in the Library.

I don't mind using a different User account but it would be nice to figure out how/why this happened in the first place so it doesn't happen again.