MIDI/Step Sequencer controllable modulation sources

firebird1o1

I think this would be a cool idea. For example, if key C-1 is pressed, stop midi playback, or reset LFO1, or change Arp Rate. Being able to record it in, and loop it easy with an MIDI or Pattern region instead of having to do it live with automation would be cool.

I'm pretty sure this can be done with the Scripter Midi-FX plugin, or at least most of it.

The downside is programming the Scripter to do what it is you want. For some people the problem is knowing g how to program effectively enough, for others such as myself its more of a "time" issue. You could always check some of its prebuilt scripts and see if something has already been done.

The downside to the Scripter though, is it only works on the track its assigned to, like Smart Controls. So you can't stack things in a Summing Stack, give them different midi channels and attempt to control multiple channel strips this way. Ot at least, I haven't figured out how to do it...

Well, you could always configure something in the Environment window, but its such an ugly, decades out of date, limited interface, I really don't like working there. Not to mention anything done there isn't easily adaptable, at least not quickly. It's a bit of a workflow killer in my opinion.

Scripter can sit on any instrument channel. If you need a script that addresses multiple instrument channels then you pretty much have to use multiple scripts which are coordinated in some way. But anyway the OP request is not exactly clear to me but sounds like non trivial and time consuming scripting

• 2 weeks later...
Scripter can sit on any instrument channel. If you need a script that addresses multiple instrument channels then you pretty much have to use multiple scripts which are coordinated in some way. But anyway the OP request is not exactly clear to me but sounds like non trivial and time consuming scripting

Yeah that's what Ime getting from it... or a time consuming Environment setup.