Upcoming Monterey (macOS 12)

Dynamic_Notes

https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2021/06/macos-monterey-introduces-powerful-features-to-get-more-done/

https://osxdaily.com/2021/06/07/macos-monterey-beta-1-download-developer/?

macOS Monterey Compatible Macs

MacOS Monterey has a stricter compatibility list than Big Sur did.

The following Mac hardware can run macOS Monterey: iMac 2015 and later, Mac Pro late 2013 and later, iMac Pro 2017 and later, Mac mini late 2015 and later, MacBook 2016 and later, MacBook Air 2015 and later, and MacBook Pro 2015 and later.

will, as usual, dive in with the public beta.

anyone who remembers this from last year: the first several big sur betas were a nightmare (logic did not 'see' numerous 3rd-party plugins). so... will clone my mac first. anyway, am looking forward to the terrible, awful, fascinating beta experience (where i've lived since apple first offered public betas, back in 1947).

and it will be fun to see what others report here, who are insane brave enough to jump in. viva change!

Im waiting on this to hear some reports, I recall the first few betas were great then we got hammered, even up to the first release.

the early big sur betas had an issue with 3rd-party AUs (just some of them), it was pretty bad. later betas, and everything after (the official release and the betas following that) have been fine (here, anyway)...

anyone who remembers this from last year: the first several big sur betas were a nightmare (logic did not 'see' numerous 3rd-party plugins). so... will clone my mac first. anyway, am looking forward to the terrible, awful, fascinating beta experience (where i've lived since apple first offered public betas, back in 1947).

and it will be fun to see what others report here, who are insane brave enough to jump in. viva change!

Yes, I finally realized the definition of insanity applies.

Yes, I finally realized the definition of insanity applies.

thank you 8-)

• 3 weeks later...

public beta today (1 july); may dive in this weekend (it's already downloading to my macbook), but my imac is my logic/final cut machine, right now on big sur (current beta).

anyway, if i dive in, will of course report what happens (& look forward to reports from other equally insane forum peeps).

SAME DAY EDIT: it's installing now. why wait for the suffering FUN to begin?

okay, 1 july, round 1. the public beta installed without a hitch; about 1/2 hour, something like that. explored the GUI a bit, then... opened logic.

here's a list of the 3rd-party plugins that are not working for me:

(space intentionally blank)

and here's what i had to validate:

new sonic arts 'nuance'

have not spent much time yet, will dive in more tomorrow. but so far... so good. need to see about 'shortcuts', if that works with logic. will get to it.

it's early in the beta cycle, and, in my experience, it's never a straight line forward, so there's plenty of time for all hell to break loose. until then... 8-)

day 2, and all is well. am working; everything opens (logic projects, plugins); everything running smoothly (nothing noticeably different, at any rate).

mac is fast, stable. impressive for a first beta. and won't report back unless there's an issue (knock on 3rd-party synth 'wood' panel).

EDIT: the only app that didn't work at all is XLD (which i use to convert audio files regularly); fwiw, there's already a monterey-ready version, here:

https://tmkk.undo.jp/xld/XLD_dev_210630.zip