Spatial Audio in Logic later this year

ozinga

and youtube won't work? i mean, you can get a free account, upload surround files, make them 'unlisted' (so only people with the link can access them... if you want). doesn't this do what you want?

doesn't seem to be a lot of other choices, if you want the files streaming...

And how does anyone find me and my music on youtube if the files are unlisted?

Even if I have my own channel, it would be lost in the thousand gazillion channels of cute kitten movies and youtube narcissists.

I suppose I'm really griping about the fact that Apple Music has made a big deal out of what seems to me to be a somewhat gimmicky uber-stereo product (Spatial Audio) but has ignored true surround.

you're kidding right? something like 60,000 songs a day are uploaded to spotify, so putting music up on applemusic et al means nothing if you don't hunt for an audience... ie same as with youtube.

youtube is free, and can stream surround audio. and you don't have to do 'unlisted'; i just thought you were trying to sell access (maybe i misunderstood your goal).

no matter where you post any music (applemusic, youtube, soundcloud, etc), you have to find an audience. and on youtube, there isn't a huge library of true-surround music mixes. plus, someone looking for that specifically won't have to sort thru 'cute kitten movies', as there are (probably) no surround audio versions of that. :mrgreen:

there are limited options; this is a good one. go for it (or not), but nothing to be gained by simply complaining.

• 2 weeks later...