Logic Pro 3rd party stock plug-in challenge

jpeek345

Hello,

Has anyone ever built Logic Pro stock plugin-only chains to emulate even popular free 3rd party plug-ins?

Being a Logic stock only purist I would be glad to know.

For example: a Logic Pro stock plugin only channel strip for Nick Romeros Kickstart plugin as one of millions of 3rd party plugins.

It would require a small set of instructions that perhaps points to a "mask", a GUI to simplify/save time from going under the hood too much.

In past logicprohelpforum posts I touched on the "elves" responsible for converting all the 3rd party plugins to Logic Pro only sounds with the song by the pro recording artists featured in each new Logic Pro project template demo. eg. Billie Eilish.

Thank you.

jpeek345

I won't say that I try to emulate a particular 3rd party plugin, especially because I'm a bit like you. I've been getting rid of any 3rd party plugin I can get rid of, if I can achieve a very similar sound with stock plugins. At the end of the day, what matters is what comes out of the speakers (as Andrew Scheps says). We can both have the exact same plugins, song and studio and yet our both mixes will sound different, so what creates a great song is a great mind, not great gear. And let's be honest, in 2021 if we are still "complaining" that stock plugins suck, I think we need to go back in time and really see what digital quality was 20 years ago ;)

That being said, for example for Nicky Romero's Kickstart (or any volume shaper) I started using the StepFX plugin for that pumping effect (or to shape a sample). All you gotta do is make sure that all steps are linked (including the last one), then you can create your shape with the steps. It works for me :)

For other stuff, I'm sure there are other people out there with more knowledge when it comes to specific plugins such as compressors, EQs etc, that could create these, but again, since my focus is to come up with a great song, I don't really care that much that a chain is emulating the plugin X or Y or Z. If it sounds good to me, that's what I use. :)

Hello,

Has anyone ever built Logic Pro stock plugin-only chains to emulate even popular free 3rd party plug-ins?

Being a Logic stock only purist I would be glad to know.

For example: a Logic Pro stock plugin only channel strip for Nick Romeros Kickstart plugin as one of millions of 3rd party plugins.

It would require a small set of instructions that perhaps points to a "mask", a GUI to simplify/save time from going under the hood too much.

In past logicprohelpforum posts I touched on the "elves" responsible for converting all the 3rd party plugins to Logic Pro only sounds with the song by the pro recording artists featured in each new Logic Pro project template demo. eg. Billie Eilish.

Thank you.

jpeek345

Logic already has tons of presets to explore and you can modify them even further.

https://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=155701