Shifting tempo live recording

morabs

I have multitrack recordings and nothing was played to a click. The tempo is all over the place. Does anyone know if I can even out the tempo with Flex or Smart Tempo? Or any other suggestions would help. Recordings are of a well known artist that has passed away and we found these live recordings that are 25 years old so they are now in Logic Pro. Thank you in advance.

I have multitrack recordings and nothing was played to a click. The tempo is all over the place. Does anyone know if I can even out the tempo with Flex or Smart Tempo?

Yes, you can: you can first beat map the song in order to get the grid to follow it (https://support.apple.com/guide/logicpro/on-audio-regions-lgcp6338b8d1/mac). The result should be a tempo map that follows the recording tempo so that the click (metronome) is now in sync with the tempo of the recording.

Then you enable Flex for all the tracks, and choose a new tempo set without any tempo changes so that everything follows this new straight tempo line.

Let us know if you need further help with any of these processes?