My Logic X 10.4 projects are interrupted w window showing " ERROR WHILE TRYING TO SYNC AUDIO & MIDI" Someone please mel

shredder7

My Logic X 10.4 projects are interrupted with pop-up window showing " ERROR WHILE TRYING TO SYNC AUDIO & MIDI" Someone please me!!

I am almost done recording a whole song, but as I layer extra tracks, or even open any new past projects and press play, my recorded music starts to slow & drag down and the window popups a message " ERROR WHILE TRYING TO SYNC AUDIO & MIDI /SAMPLE RATE 42,449 RECOGNIZED CHECK CONFLICT BETWEEN LOGIC X AND EXTERNAL DEVICE." Sometimes it shows a different message "SAMPLING RATE OF 23,939 RECOGNIZED."

My external devices are my UA( Universal Audio) Apollo Twin X thunderbolt Interface , Glyph Solidstate 2 TB drive ( plug in Libraries of MIDI softwares (Native Instruments) WAVES CLA plug-ins etc, and my UA UAD-2 Satellite. I noticed that when I unplug my external Glyph drive, Logic X does not act up. But that bums me out because most of my software libraries e.g. strings , choir from KONTAKT native instruments is a huge loss to this production when I disconnect the external glyph drive.

I run 2018 Mac mini OS Catalina version 10.15.5 thunderbolt ports.

Can someone please help me before this crashes? Is it possible to bounce this to disk so I won't lose it for possible crashes? I am frustrated and worried please help some experts help is greatly appreciated!! Thanks looking forward to all your help!!

My Logic X 10.4 projects are interrupted with pop-up window showing " ERROR WHILE TRYING TO SYNC AUDIO & MIDI" Someone please me!!

I am almost done recording a whole song, but as I layer extra tracks, or even open any new past projects and press play, my recorded music starts to slow & drag down and the window popups a message " ERROR WHILE TRYING TO SYNC AUDIO & MIDI /SAMPLE RATE 42,449 RECOGNIZED CHECK CONFLICT BETWEEN LOGIC X AND EXTERNAL DEVICE." Sometimes it shows a different message "SAMPLING RATE OF 23,939 RECOGNIZED."

My external devices are my UA( Universal Audio) Apollo Twin X thunderbolt Interface , Glyph Solidstate 2 TB drive ( plug in Libraries of MIDI softwares (Native Instruments) WAVES CLA plug-ins etc, and my UA UAD-2 Satellite. I noticed that when I unplug my external Glyph drive, Logic X does not act up. But that bums me out because most of my software libraries e.g. strings , choir from KONTAKT native instruments is a huge loss to this production when I disconnect the external glyph drive.

I run 2018 Mac mini OS Catalina version 10.15.5 thunderbolt ports.

Can someone please help me before this crashes? Is it possible to bounce this to disk so I won't lose it for possible crashes? I am frustrated and worried please help some experts help is greatly appreciated!! Thanks looking forward to all your help!!

I have no idea what may cause that, so I guess someone else will be able to help you with that.

My suggestion is, since you are already finishing it, is to save that project with a new name (maybe "Project name (bounced)") and start bouncing each track to audio. You still retain your original project with all the MIDI and instruments anyway, but now you can (hopefully) work without those issues, maybe until you understand what's happening.

Hope that helps a little bit, so you can move on and keep working ;)

If you're trying to force multiple streams of audio to and from each UAD plugin, plus the audio to and from the audio interface, *and* all the audio files from your drive, both audio tracks, and streaming sampler voices, over one TB connection, you may be asking too much of it.

What does your CPU meter say in terms of CPU and Disk resources? That will give you a clue as to whether you are running out of computer resources, and thus how to reduce demand of that resource until it works again...

It looks like you're overloading one core of your processor, so try to track down which track is causing this - you might need to split out the processing if one core cannot process all the plugins on one track.

Try selecting a track with no audio plugins if it's the currently selected track being put into Live mode that is causing this.

Interesting, I purchased UA audio thunderbolt quad core and UA UAD-2 satellite w/ Octacore ( 2 quad core ) to avoid these issues in my 2018 MacMini. I must be overloading the Wave plug-ins and guitar plug ins from the external glyph ssd drive. Secondly, I'll check the UA audio pop screen on managing the DSP plug ins when both UA Apollo interface & UA satellite is on. I don't think I am using too much of it.

I will find and isolate that particular track you mentioned as we both noticed a long CPU line on one core from the pictured I posted. When you mean split processing e.g.-that could mean like I am assigning 6 separate KONTAKT on 4 different tracks when I can split assign one KONTAKT of 5 different instruments to split to separate tracks? anyway, Let me get to it.

Thanks Des99!!

Looking at your screenshot I can see two things that should make a difference; First, turn off input monitoring on all tracks, if you have heavy processing on those tracks (and they use the same input?) all the tracks is processed by the same (live) thread, see screenshots

Second, muting and soloing the tracks simultaneous doesn't make sense, and also doesn't save any processing power, use the power button on the tracks to turn them off to really cut them out from processing...

1417272306_Inputmonitoringon.thumb.png.17cb002f002ea38e438c864b8f921a66.png

246977104_Inputmonitoringoff.thumb.png.3c273b839e9d48238de6495fa051810b.png

Hello JakobP and Des99,

I went ahead and looked at your two screen shots, and I went ahead and disengaged "input Monitoring " off and it helped as I looked at the CPU/HD and saw the meter reading distributed evenly among all the cores instead of one long core being overly saturated that caused the freeze.

Secondly, I went ahead and set the Multithreading into "Playback and Live tracks" and that also seemed to help even more where I played back my recorded song 2-4 times. I noticed no glitch at all.

Thank very much for your help appreciate it!!! :)