Logic sending random parameter changes to Bass Station 2

Tom - Logic User

Hi,

I'm having an issue with Logic randomly changing the parameters on my Bass Station 2 via midi (USB). It will usually happen within 30 seconds of loading/reloading a patch. As you can imagine, it goes from a normal sounding patch to a complete detuned-sounding mess. I've tested in Ableton 10 Standard and everything works perfectly. The Bass Station also works perfectly when disconnected from midi, which suggests it's a Logic issue?

I'm using Logic 10.6.0 on a 2019 MacBook Pro 8 core with 16 gig ram.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Thanks, and sorry, yes I mean patches on the Bass Station. I'll select a saved BS patch and it sounds normal for maybe 30 seconds - then it seems that some parameters suddenly change and it sounds awful.

I haven't touched the Control Surface options in Logic and don't have a separate control surface involved. Just a simple midi over USB setup with the Bass Station.

I've just noticed that I can trigger this behaviour by changing any settings in Logic's "Track Inspector" - if I change Program, Midi Channel, Bank, Volume or even Icon it immediately messes up the BS patch.

I'm not sure what a Midi loop is, although changing patches on the BS behaves as normal.

Thanks!

Thanks; I've just checked the power connection and tried powering it with both mains power and USB and unfortunately I'm still seeing the same issue.

I've checked again in Ableton and can't replicate the issue at all - everything works perfectly. The Bass Station also works perfectly when disconnected from any DAW. So, I'm back to assuming Logic is sending some unwanted control-change data to the Bass Station.

Does anyone know if I can monitor what Logic is sending out over USB? If for instance I change the Icon in Track Inspector I can't see any midi activity on the transport, but it still messes up the Bass Station patch every time, so it must be sending *something*.

Thanks everyone :)

In the Preferences of Logic go to the MIDI page, the right tab is where you can turn off individual inputs, turn off the input for the BS2 and that should end the MIDI loop, see if that helps.

Download MIDI Monitor and see if something else in your device chain is throwing out random data

Change the Channel of the BS2 and see if the issue persists.

Ok I tried these suggestions and changing the Midi Channel on the Bass Station 2 itself seems to be the fix! It's working perfectly on any channel other than channel 1 (with the corresponding channel setting in Logic of course).

Still not sure what's going on with Channel 1 but this is a perfectly workable solution for me, so thanks very much!

Finally I can start using this synth to it's full potential within Logic :)