OS High Sierra 10.13.6 and Logic Pro X 10.5

liviocesana
Go to solution Solved by liviocesana,

• Solution

Hi, I'm 14 yo and I need help.

I bought an iMac (mid 2010) with MacOS High Sierra version 10.13, with Logic Pro X 10.5 installed, which worked fine until

on June 6th I saw a banner that read “Software Update Available” or something like that and I clicked on “Update Now”.

The normal screen for restarting the computer appeared: the logo of the bitten apple above a loading bar. Once the bar fully loaded, I ran into these problems:

1-The Logic Pro X app on my desktop previously titled "Logic Pro X" now appears with the name "Logic Pro";

2-Trying to open the application, this warning appears: "You cannot use this version of the" Logic Pro "application with this version of macOS. MacOS 10.13.6 is installed on your computer. The application requires macOS 10.15.7 or later ",

3-The Logic Pro icon is now depicted with a white bar above it.

4-Clicking on any file that leads to Logic Pro X, this warning appears: "Cannot open document" FILE 1 ". This multimedia format is not supported."

Help me please doing music is my dream.

To run the latest version of Logic (which now appears as v.10.6.2, which logo name doesn't feature the "X" anymore), you'll need at least OSX Catalina (v.10.15 or later).

Since that you most likely won't be able to upgrade your iMac to Catalina (as it is too old), you should try re-installing the last Logic compatible version for your Mac OS, available via your user's AppStore account...