Logic wont display vst synth patches in track listing

niteboatermusic

just bought Pigments vst synth, but I dont see a way to save the patch so that it displays in the track listing, like for example Alchemy does.

When I quit and restart Logic, my (midi data) recording is still there, but the track name is seemingly stuck on "Inst 1".

How to fix this? Please see attached pic - thanks in advance!

pigments-no-show.png.23c2207454da03090078b96d82d359cc.png

just bought Pigments vst synth, but I dont see a way to save the patch so that it displays in the track listing, like for example Alchemy does.
Did you set the little triangular arrow to the left of the Pigments slot while the library is open (to see its dedicated plugin presets) or to the left of the channelstrip setting after adequatly proceeding to a Save patch?

When I quit and restart Logic, my (midi data) recording is still there, but the track name is seemingly stuck on "Inst 1".

How to fix this? Please see attached pic - thanks in advance!

Did you try saving the project after renaming your track accordingly?

Also the track headercomponent (Additional Name Column parameter) might alter same...

thanks for your quick reply. Perhaps I need to change my question. I dont need to save a preset, I merely need to display and audition it, and I expect the track to mirror what Ive chosen in the vst, just like Alchemy does. Like many vst's these does, there are hundreds of presets, there must be a way to have Logic read a vst synth's internal presets on demand, display it in the track quickly. Thus when I save my project, I wont have generic named tracks, but ones that actually reflect my choices.

VST/AU plugin developers develop different ways to manage presets within their plugins, and not all of these are compatible with the ways the DAW developers choose to read the presets from the synth.

From a quick test it looks like Logic renames the track with the preset name if the presets can be accessed from the Logic preset menu rather than the plugin's built-in preset menu. If you can't see the presets in Logic's preset system, it won't rename the track.