Sustain pedal not working with M-Audio Key Rig 49 Midi controller

benharris777

Hi all,

I know this topic has been addressed in the past but the solutions haven't worked for me. I have an M-Audio KeyRig 49 that I use as a midi controller in Logic Pro X and a Yamaha sustain pedal. I can't get the sustain pedal to work in Logic. I know the pedal works because I use it with my Yamaha electric piano. Have tried bypassing control surfaces and that hasn't worked. Any other ideas?

Does the sustain pedal have a ‘phase’ switch on it?

Sometimes I have to switch the ‘polarity’ (guessing at the phrase) to make it work.

May not be the answer. Just troubleshooting.

I’m also assuming the instrument your using sustains when the pedal is being used (as opposed to the vintage organs that speed up the Leslie cab when the pedal is used)

No switch on the pedal.

The instrument is just a controller so I have no way to test it other than using in logic. But the pedal works on my piano.

Zipfunk meant a Logic instrument...Alchemy, RetroSynth, Vintage B3, etc. Another way to tell if Logic is receiving the pedal properly is to record a MIDI track where all you do is enage and release the pedal. Select the region and open the Event List and look for CC64 messages.

From the KeyRig manual:

Problem 2: I have connected a sustain pedal to my M-Audio keyboard, but its function is reversed.

Solution 2: The polarity of the sustain pedal is calculated by the keyboard when it is powered up. On power up, the sustain

pedal is assumed to be in the OFF position. If you want the sustain pedal to be off when it is not pressed, make sure the pedal

is not pressed when you power up. Also check to see if there is a polarity switch on your foot pedal. It is possible to use this

switch to change foot pedal polarity as well. Another way to reverse the sustain pedal’s polarity is to keep it pushed while

powering on your KeyRig 49 keyboard.

Does this describe/solve your problem?