10.6.2 Arpeggiator bugged?

Foxis
Go to solution Solved by Foxis,

Since 10.6.2 I have been having problems with the MIDI Arp plugin. Both for plugin instruments and external instruments (both run via the external inst. plugin and "old school" midi tracks).

Symptoms, either or both of the following;

1) The arp is late to start. Misses the "note start" and only starts 1/16th later. Acts like an old-school arp where you had to send midi slightly early to get a note on the bar start. It wasn't like that prior to 10.6.2.

2) It misses notes. I can recreate it by initialising a new midi arp plugin with standard settings and creating a bar long note. It will not reliably play all notes. Suddenly it will skip one or two.

All of this under Big Sur on a Mac Pro 6.1 with no other problems.

Anyone else experienced this? TIA!

• Solution

So, I think I managed to solve this. And it is not a bug, but rather intended behaviour.

However, what I believe *has* changed is a default setting. Under controller, "Snap To" now defaults to a time value, whereas before I am sure it used to be "none". The new default means that the arp will wait for the next time division before sending a note; resulting in both "late start" and the impression of missed notes when changing chords.

Hope this helps someone!

• 2 years later...
On 6/14/2021 at 7:39 AM, Foxis said:

So, I think I managed to solve this. And it is not a bug, but rather intended behaviour.

However, what I believe *has* changed is a default setting. Under controller, "Snap To" now defaults to a time value, whereas before I am sure it used to be "none". The new default means that the arp will wait for the next time division before sending a note; resulting in both "late start" and the impression of missed notes when changing chords.

Hope this helps someone!

I wish this could help me but where is this: "Under controller, "Snap To" now defaults to a time value, whereas before I am sure it used to be "none"" ?

Thank you.