copy paste effects from one audio track to many ?

ilogicprohelp

Hi, I'm just starting out with Logic pro. I imported multiple audio recordings, each one as an individual track and i would like to batch apply the same audio effects on all of them. Instead of doing this manually for each track, is there a way to apply everything on just one track and then copy paste all the effects to the other tracks ?

hi, thanks for the reply. Doing as you said, I'm not getting the

choose Track > Create Track Stack.

option.

So this is what I'm doing :

creating new project, with the number of audio tracks corresponding to the ones i'll drag and drop in the workspace, and when doing so, selecting "use existing tracks".

When selecting all tracks, I'm just getting the following options : new track ; new audio track ; new software instrument track ; new drummer track ; new track with duplicate settings ; rename track (in the first tray)... and that's it...

actually found out what the problem was : had to activate 'advanced settings' in prefs ! So that did the job. Now trying to export them, which will apparently take a while !

I could create a new thread for this, but is there a way to batch trim the beginning of all of these files ? There's like a 5 sec silence in all of them I'd like to cut out...

actually found out what the problem was : had to activate 'advanced settings' in prefs ! So that did the job. Now trying to export them, which will apparently take a while !

I could create a new thread for this, but is there a way to batch trim the beginning of all of these files ? There's like a 5 sec silence in all of them I'd like to cut out...

Yes please do create a new thread for this. Let us know here if the summing stack solution has solved your current question so that I can mark the topic as solved — or offer further help on this! :)

Hi, well it turned out it was a 50% success. The summing stack did allow for applying all desired effects to all of the tracks, but I have found no working solution to batch export them. I tried in menu/files/export the options "audio files as" and "all tracks as audio files" but each time it only exported like 1 track, not all of them (even though i got a pop up stating "exporting all tracks"). So that's the last thing to sort out ...

Ok that did the job ! Thanks !

One funny thing in noticed was that when i manually trimmed one of the audio regions (simply by readjusting the left edge of it) to cut out the 5 sec silence, it actually automatically did the same for all audio regions on the track. Is that normal ? It's handy for sure, but it might sometimes encroach upon the audio itself for some of the samples. Can i adjust this manually for each audio region ?

Ok that did the job ! Thanks !

One funny thing in noticed was that when i manually trimmed one of the audio regions (simply by readjusting the left edge of it) to cut out the 5 sec silence, it actually automatically did the same for all audio regions on the track. Is that normal ? It's handy for sure, but it might sometimes encroach upon the audio itself for some of the samples. Can i adjust this manually for each audio region ?

My guess is you had all the regions selected when you resized the one. That explains why they were all resized in the same manner. If you deselect all regions, then resize only one of them, the others won't be affected.

ok, will check that out. Otherwise, as all regions are glued one after the other, is there a shortcut to quickly jump to the next region ?

Please make sure you start a new topic for each new question you have. The reason for this is, it allows us to have a forum that's organized by topic, so that search engines can index each question individually, and visitors can identify each question by the topic title. Don't hesitate to start as many new topics as you have new questions, there is no limit, and that makes for a much better indexing/searchability/browsability for everyone. Thanks! :)