Drummer track Name in 10.6.2

DWS

Since updating Logic Pro to version 10.6.2, I have noticed that the track naming of a newly created drummer track has changed.

In previous versions, when a drummer track was created, the track name consisted of the drum kit and the drummer e.g. SoCal (Kyle).

Since upgrading to 10.6.2, a newly created drummer track name only shows the drum kit e.g. SoCal.

I tested this with my backed up copy of version 10.6.1 and the drummer track name is OK i.e. it shows both the drum kit and the drummer name.

I have reset the preferences by deleting the two preference files and also reinstalled the library but this has made no difference.

Is this a bug?

I see the same behavior. It could be a bug, or it could be a new design decision from the Logic team, who knows.

In my opinion it's a design decision because you can switch out the drum kits but still have the same player play them.

I'll will point out an enhancement they should do and that's in the drummer editor, they should keep the drummer name.

In the following pics, I changed out the drum kits and you'd have to look at the Channel Strip name to kind of get a clue at who the drummer is.

Zak.thumb.png.2a1fdb4669749809c257c2ba31d31910.png

Kyle.thumb.png.cad5ffeef9bc92230c7816c5a8339e81.png

I'll post this in the appropriate section later.