Stereo Spread vs Voxengo Stereo Touch

Antaren
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

When recording mono acoustic guitar, I have liked the wider sound that the plug-in Stereo Spread provides me. I have read that there are some issues when using Stereo Spread depending on what device it will be played on in the future, after the song is bounced. I have also read that Voxengo Stereo Touch might be a better option. Does anyone have any opinions about Stereo Spread vs Voxengo Stereo Touch? Thanks.

• Solution
All stereo spreading plug-ins such as Voxengo touch or Stereo spread can potentially create issues when summed to mono. You can easily "watch" for those issues by inserting a Gain plug-in after the plug-in and toggling the monitoring between Stereo and Mono, and listen for differences in the balance of the mix or the instrument, the frequencies, any phasing distortion, etc. Voxengo Stereo Touch is free so download it and experiment for yourself to tell if you like it better than the Stereo Spread.