Bounce vs Exporting tracks?

frostym8

Hello there,

I’ve had this question for a while now and was wondering if there’s actually any difference between exporting and boucing tracks?

I know that boucing usually refers to the project as a whole but what if I export the tracks individually? Will they keep all of their sends, mix buss processing, automation etc.?

When is it better to use one as opposed to the other?

Thank you!

I agree. That's why I added some fuzziness to my explanation.

i was confused by that... then realized i had 'bypass effects plug-ins' checked, and so, did not get the fuzziness.

That’s what I thought, since both of these options have this option, there’s no real difference when boucing and exporting tracks individually, right?

More to the point, Export allows you to determine where you want to save the exported audio file in your Finder, and doesn't create a new track or region for the exported file. Bounce in Place does not allow you to determine where the file goes in your Finder, and adds the file to the Tracks area.

Right, okay, thanks! What I’ve had in mind though was comparison between export and bounce, not bounce in place.

Not sure which specific Bounce feature you're thinking of, there are a few. Do you mean Bounce Project or Section? In that case, that takes into account everything you hear when you press play. You're bouncing the signal at the output of the Stereo Out.

Yeah, sorry, I should’ve made it more clear from the start.

I’ve actually just tried to solo a track and use bounce project as well as exporting a solo’d track using export option and it seems that all of the sends, pan/automation and Mix Buss processing is exactly the same using both options. I guess there is my answer!