External MIDI instrument greyed out after changing MIDI controllers

aggenver

Hi forum,

I had a Virus TI2 synthesizer connected on a USB port for MIDI communication with Logic Pro (no audio over USB just MIDI). I also had an M-Audio KeyStation Mini 32 connected to logic pro over USB for controlling other instruments. That configuration was working fine. All devices could communicate with Logic.

Today I swapped the KeyStation Mini with a Nektar Impact LX49+. I had to install some Nektar SW to map all its controls to Logic. That worked ok. Once I reopened Logic though, I realized that the Virus cannot communicate with Logic anymore. The 'Virus TI Synth' and 'Virus TI MIDI' options on the MIDI tracks are now greyed out. (Virus is configured as an external MIDI instrument to avoid opening the dreadful Virus TI plugin). I unplugged the Nektar, did a few restarts on all devices but without luck.

I know there is nothing wrong with the USB communication of Virus because when I set Virus as a SW instrument (using its plugin and sending audio and MIDI over USB) it still works fine.

I want to have Nektar and Virus connected over USB to Logic and being able to exchange MIDI data with Logic.

Anyone could put me to the right direction?

After checking further I realized that when in plugin mode the Virus can receive MIDI notes from Logic but cannot send any.

Also, after uninstalling the Nektar SW I am able to use the Virus as before...