How to mute monitors, but not headphones for vocal recording

Big SAL

Hi,

I am using Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen Audio interface, out the back of that its going to the monitors and at the from I've got a mic and headphones plugged in. The whole setup is on my desk.

Is there a way to mute just the monitors whilst recording vocals ? I obviously need the music in the headphones to know where I am and what I am doing.

Thanks

Sal

most usb audio interfaces don't have this feature; it's not a bad idea, but easy enough to turn monitors off & on (if inelegant).

All the interfaces I've used have distinct volume knobs for the monitors and for the headphones. I just turn the volume knob for the monitors down while tracking.

fair enough; i don't see on-off switches, but not difficult to turn the volume down...

It's an annoying missing feature on the Scarlett Solo (all versions, not just gen3). Fisherking is correct, just power off the monitors.

I did not realize this either when bought mine. Then returned it and got the 2i2 for this reason. It has separate controls for monitors and headphones.