Export Question

logic8mine

Recently in my projects, I've experiencing some frustration exporting files. I mix my project with no effects on output channel strip (or at least, they are all turned off). In the export window, normalize is turned off, I am not bypassing the effect plug ins and I am including the volume / pan automation and there is no option in my Logic 10.6.2 to include the audio tail, unlike the picture David Nahmani posted in the thread Bounce vs Exporting tracks?. Problem: when everything is exported, and the resultant audio files imported into an empty project, the entire mix is shot to hell. Drum track is too low, guitars too loud, etc. Any idea what the culprit could be?

1083580497_ScreenShot2021-06-17at2_52_08PM.thumb.png.d32919517e28c065be3051af58401de0.png

there is no option in my Logic 10.6.2 to include the audio tail, unlike the picture David Nahmani posted in the thread Bounce vs Exporting tracks?.

There are multiple export functions. The one I showed in that link is the one you get when choosing File > Export > # Regions as Audio File.

Problem: when everything is exported, and the resultant audio files imported into an empty project, the entire mix is shot to hell. Drum track is too low, guitars too loud, etc. Any idea what the culprit could be?

Could be the plug-ins on your Stereo Out, or any bus routing... it all depends on the routing and effects in the original project. Can you share a screenshot of the entire Mixer in the original project?

stereo bus has no active plug-ins. Couldn't show everything in onescreenshot... I've never run into this before. Resloved issue with the guitars: Logic exported three tracks– inst 9, Inst 7 and EG (both summed). So, kept the summed track and deleted the others. The same thing happened with the piano / organ stack. Trashed the summed track and retained the other two. The only way to get a proper level on the drums was to bounce them as a stereo file (customer requires stereo files). Then each of the audio files replicated the proper mix. So, I'm not sure what was going on with them.

2055651773_ScreenShot2021-06-18at9_26_31AM.thumb.png.d9e9b4538194b717ce0f0e6001c54096.png

245167030_ScreenShot2021-06-18at9_26_42AM.thumb.png.55ff47ea4920b1b5268b4c3075650386.png

You have bus routings, summing stacks processing submixes etc... so either you have to bounce the whole summing stack as one track, or you have to recreate each stack's processing in the new project.

Exporting a track means the resulting file starts at the project start marker position. Exporting a region results in a file that starts at the region start position.